How does this impact you?
Under the ANCC Accredited Provider arm, educational activities provided by the Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska Nurses Association’s will now bear the Midwest MSD ANCC Accredited Provider statement. Missouri nurses will start seeing the Midwest MSD accreditation statement listed on MONA conference materials, evaluations and certificates rather than the previous accreditation statement held by MONA. The Midwest MSD Lead Nurse Planner and Nurse Planner will, through active participation in the planning, ensure that all activities provided by the states participating in the Division adhere to the ANCC accreditation program criteria. Nurses will be able to use nursing contact hours they receive from these Midwest MSD programs toward their state licensure and national certification.
The Accredited Approver arm of the Midwest MSD CNE Unit provides organizations/facilities with two options for achieving approval to award nursing contact hours:
- Individual Education Activities
Organizations interested in awarding nursing contact hours for one, single educational activity or conference
- Approved Providers
Organizations interested in receiving approval to award nursing contact hours for multiple educational activities provided to nurses within their organization or their target audience.
Applications for each type of approval were streamlined, staff resources expanded, policies and procedures updated. The Midwest MSD website (hyperlink to www.midwestnurses.org) provides a wealth of information for those contemplating applying.
Benefits of Accreditation
- Nurses look for ANCC approved contact hours when selecting continuing education activities.
- Indicates an organization’s willingness for adherence to objective national standards.
- Respect for achieving a high standard of excellence.
- Provides an avenue through which nurses can maintain professional competence.
- Promotes commitment to high quality nursing practice.
- ANCC-accredited continuing education is the most effective and sustainable strategy to improve professional nursing practice.
- ANCC accreditation enjoys wide recognition and acceptance by licensing boards and other regulatory bodies.
Contact the Midwest MSD Office with questions by phone at 573-636-4623 or by email .