During the happiest, saddest and most challenging times, a nurse is at your side.
Imagine… the birth of a child, the resuscitation of a trauma victim or the death of a loved one… once-in-a-lifetime events for most, but everyday occurrences for nurses.
Now imagine… you, a nurse, holding a premature baby in the palm of your hand, holding a beating heart during open-heart surgery or holding the frail hand of a dying elderly man as he takes his last breath.
You can be that nurse!
- Earnings are above average when compared to other professions.
- Working schedules are flexible. You can work part-time, full-time or any time of day and anywhere in the world.
- In Kansas, by 2020 the shortfall in nurses is predicted to be nearly 18,000 nurses statewide.
- As our populations becomes more diverse, there is a great need for nurses of all ethnic and racial backgrounds.
- More men are entering the nursing profession today than ever before.